Monday, November 22, 2010

Making and saving money with JustAnswer.com

Justanswer.com is a site where you can pay to get advice from experts on pretty much any subject you can imagine. If you have expertise in a certain area you can also sign up to be an expert and make some extra money.

But in some cases JustAnswer can help you SAVE money as well. Back in August I had my dog, Peaches, spayed. I know that spaying is a major surgery, so I was expecting her to be in pain, but I had no idea just how bad off she would be.

She was acting very strange and even a few days after the surgery she wouldn't eat and would barely drink any water. I knew that calling her vet would be a waste of time because they would simply tell me to bring her back in. Not that I can blame them for that. I used to work as an EMT, so I understand that in the medical field you have to practice the C.Y.B. method (cover your butt). But I didn't want to take her back to the vet if she didn't really need to go because an appointment would cost about $60. (But don't get me wrong, I love my dog and would do anything for her if she needed it.)

So while searching the web for information about what to expect after spaying, I stumbled upon JustAnswer. I typed in my question and picked how much I would pay for the answer. I picked the $18 option and a Veterinarian responded to me immediately. I was able to chat with her and she asked me several questions about what my dog was doing, how she was acting, how she looked, etc. She gave me excellent advice and told me about several things to look out for. She really helped put my mind at ease and as it turns out, Peaches was just fine. She is a smaller dog (Rat Terrier) and spaying tends to be harder on smaller breeds. So it took her a while to recuperate, but she was back to her old self in no time.

If I hadn't come across JustAnswer I would have had to take my dog back to the vet (which is an hour away from my home so that would cost me about $10 in gas) and pay about $60 for the appointment (and they would have told me the same thing that the expert on JustAnswer told me).

I was really pleased with the advice so I tipped her $3. So in total I paid $21 dollars. I saved $49 dollars.

Another reason I like this service so much is because you get one on one advice. My dog's vet is great, but they have TONS of animals to take care of and they're incredibly busy. I know they do their best to give pet owners advice but sometimes they're in such a hurry they can't really give you the information you need. With JustAnswer you don't have to worry about that. The expert you're talking to is only focused on helping you.

And just in case you're wondering, the vet I talked to goes by the screen name Dr. Gabby and if you ever need pet advice I highly recommend her.

If you have expertise in a certain area and want to make some extra cash then check out their expert sign up page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...