Sunday, December 5, 2010

Make Money Being Green - My Emissions Exchange

***Update:  The My Emissions Exchange seems to have been shut down. I'm not sure why but their website is no longer up.***

My Emissions Exchange is a program that pays you to reduce your carbon emissions. According to their site...
"My Emissions Exchange or MyEex (pronounced "my-eeks") is a personal carbon exchange that lets you earn money for reducing your carbon footprint. MyEmissionsExchange tackles the increasingly important issue of global warming in a new way: by paying individuals for reducing their carbon emissions. MyEex allows participating members to earn money by brokering their personal carbon credits on the voluntary carbon market and returning the proceeds."
I haven't had a chance to try this myself yet, but according to their site, it sounds pretty easy. Basically you sign up, create your profile, measure your energy use for the past year and each month, reduce your energy usage by following tips from MyEex site, and then get paid what you've earned through paypal.

MyEex is completely free to use and there is no penalty if you aren't able to reduce your energy usage. Not only will you save money by lowering your utility bills, you will get paid to do it!

According to the site you can earn anywhere between $10 to $25 for your VER (voluntary emissions reductions).

I think this is a great idea. Not only will using My Emissions Exchange help you lower your bills, they'll pay you to do it, AND you are helping the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...