Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Make Money Online by Listening to Music at Slice The Pie

(UPDATE: Slice the Pie used to be a good site to use for making money online, but now they are refusing to pay me $10 they owe me. Click here to read about it. Needless to say, I no longer recommend using this site.)

You can make extra cash by reviewing songs at SliceThePie.com. You listen to a song and then rate it on a scale of 1-10. You also have to write a small review about it. The amount of money you make per song is based on your "accuracy" rating. In other words, if you have about the same taste as everyone else, and your ratings are consistent with everyone else's ratings, then your accuracy goes up.

But if you rate a song a 3 but everyone else loves it and gives it a 10, then your accuracy rating goes down. Most people seem to think that Slice The Pie isn't interested in what YOU think, but they want to get a good idea of what the general public thinks about a song. So if you hear a song and absolutely hate it, but you know most people would listen to it, then you should probably give it a higher rating.

Your accuracy rating will go up and down depending on how you rate each song. As of right now, song raters or "scouts" are rated on a 5 star scale. This is how it breaks down...

If you have 1 star you get paid $0.02 per song.
2 stars = $0.05
3 stars = $0.10
4 stars = $0.15
5 stars = $0.20

You have to have at least $5 in your account to get paid and they pay through paypal. You certainly can't expect to make a full time living doing this, but if you're bored and enjoy listening to new music, then this is a nice way to pick up some extra cash.

As always, I do my best to let you know all the pros and cons of any program I write about. So let's start with...

PROS of using Slice The Pie...

- I have been paid by them, so I know that they do pay and they aren't a scam.

- Rating songs is a fun way to make a few extra bucks when you're bored. Well, sometimes it is lol (see my cons...)

- You only have to listen to a song for 30 seconds before they let you rate and review it.

CONS of using Slice The Pie...

- They are terrified someone is going to try to rip them off or abuse the system in some way, but their anti-scam software (or whatever you would call it) still has some major kinks to work out. I can't tell you how many times I've typed a review for a song only to have them say something like "Whoa! Copy and pasting is not allowed. Please try again." That gets really annoying, especially considering the fact that I don't copy and paste my reviews. I've actually gotten to the point where I'll just type it again but then add something like "And slicethepie thinks I copy and pasted this review even though I didn't!!!!" and the site will actually accept reviews that say something like that lol. Go figure!

- Another con is that a lot of the music on Slice The Pie is just awful. But then again, I am a punk, metal, and 80's pop kind of girl...so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. ;)

But overall, I think Slice The Pie is a pretty easy and fun way to make some extra money in your spare time. So if you're bored why not check it out and make a few extra bucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...