Friday, December 10, 2010

Text a Donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation

I used to be a wish granter for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. (The only reason I stopped volunteering was because they never had any wishes for me to work on. But if that means fewer kids are getting sick these days, then I'm not complaining!)

I know this blog is about making and saving money, but I think giving to others is a very important part of any budget. So I'm going to post about the e-mail I received about how you can text WISH to 90999 to make a one time donation of $5. As a former volunteer for Make-A-Wish, I can tell you that every cent helps grant  the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.

These children and their families are constantly faced with sickness, doctors, medical tests, medications, fear, etc. and every wish granted means that a child gets to forget about all that stuff, at least for a short period of time, and just be a kid again. And what better time to help grant a wish than Christmas! Surely you can spare five dollars?

Please donate and if you can't, then please help get the word out. Click here if you would rather donate online or if you're interested in volunteering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...