Monday, February 7, 2011

How to Buy a Great Handbag

It just so happens that I'm in the market for a new handbag, but I always have the problem of buying a purse because it's pretty...but then I never use it because it isn't big enough, the snaps are annoying, and so on... So the other day I did some research about how to buy a purse I'll really use. I think it's pretty important to choose the right purse. It's one of those things that is worth spending money on, simply because we use them so much. And as we all know, a great well-maintained handbag can make or break an outfit. A high quality purse will last years if you take care of it.

There are some things to consider when looking for a great handbag. For one, no matter how cute it is, don't buy a huge bag with a thin shoulder strap. The weight of it will cause the strap to dig down into your skin and be very uncomfortable.

If you're buying a handbag for everyday use, then make sure the snaps and zippers aren't too complicated. You want something stylish of course, but you still want it to be practical. You're not going to look very put together if it takes you 10 minutes to pull out your credit card or car keys.

Don't buy a small handbag or clutch unless you're one of those people that can travel very light. Let's face it, you can't fake that ability. No matter how hard you try to be that person, you just can't do it. So use common sense when looking for a purse. If you always need a gazillion things with you, then you'll end up throwing your cute clutch into the back of your closet, never to be seen again.

If you have to take a ton of things with you to work, then you might want to consider buying a smaller handbag to put inside your work tote. You could pull your smaller bag out if you want to be more stylish when going to lunch or meetings.

If you're a larger woman, then you might want to pass up on a really tiny bag. Smaller bags have a tendency to draw attention to your size and make you look bigger than you really are.

I'm still on the lookout for my perfect handbag, but as soon as I find it, you guys will be the first to know! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just visiting from BlogFrog! I loove purses too. Great tips on how to choose a purse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE handbags!! Mine have to be able to fit all of my kids "treasures" :)

    I stumbled you :)

    Shopper Gal
    http://www.shoppergal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbling from STT...I'm a handbag nut (in fact, I've gotten two in the last week...don't judge me!). But, the "perfect" bag is a tough thing to accomplish!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...