Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 Laptop Review

My boyfriend needed a new laptop but didn't want to buy a new one so he called a local computer repair place to see if they had any for sale. They had a regular laptop and a Fujitsu tablet. He was going to buy the regular laptop but they sold it before he had a chance. But I've always wanted a tablet computer so I decided to buy it and my boyfriend bought my old laptop from me.

I'm incredibly lucky! I'm an artist so I've always wanted a tablet computer, but they're usually really expensive. I lucked out and just happened to come across this one. It's used but it runs like new. I've been checking the prices and I've seen some Fujitsu tablets for as high as $2,000 but I got this one for $450. Anyway, I do most of my drawing on pen and paper but I scan everything onto my computer and use graphic programs to add effects or enhance things, but it can be really hard to do with a regular mouse. But anyway, this is the coolest computer ever! I love it. It has a display with a bi-directional hinge, which means you can swivel the screen around and snap it down flat and use it as tablet.

It comes with a stylus so you can write or draw right on the screen. It also has a built in microphone and voice recognition. You can control this computer with your voice which is great for those of us that do a lot of typing. If you get tired you can just dictate to the computer.

It has a screen that you can use indoors or outdoors. I've come across some reviews saying that the screen isn't very good for indoor use, but I haven't had any problems with it. I can see just as well with this screen while indoors as I could with my other laptop. It weighs about 4.5 pounds so its a lot easier to lug around when you're on the go.

It has Core Duo technology so it's fast. You can multitask all you want on this thing and it handles it just fine. And for those of you that want extra security, it also has a fingerprint scanner.

The stylus is great. It's small, lightweight, and it fits into a little slot on the side of the screen. I've been having a blast with it. I'm still getting used to it, but check out this digital drawing I made using the Gimp program. (It isn't that great, but it is my very first completely digital drawing made with a tablet.)

Click to see larger version.

As always, no computer is perfect and this one does have a few issues. For one, the speakers aren't that great. That isn't really a problem for me because I usually use headphones anyway, but that might be a problem for some. It also tends to get hotter than other laptops I've had, so you can't hold it on your lap for very long without using something under it. It seems like you have to press down on the keys a little harder when you're typing, but that might just be me. I have really small hands. And my old computer had a built in web cam but this one doesn't. That isn't a big problem since the built in cam on my old computer wasn't all that great. I planned on buying a better quality web cam later on anyway.

So anyway, if you're interested in graphic design or digital art then I definitely recommend buying a Fujitsu tablet computer.

So what are my plans now that I have a tablet? I'm going to use it to make more artwork and designs for my zazzel store. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do so. It's at zazzel.com/candykerosene.  And other than that, I'm just going to enjoy it. I love art and I always have, so now I have another way to create. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this review. So sad my tablet PC broke down. I miss it. Still looking for a nice one but not too expensive. Also nice to see another digital artist like me here :)

    Jennie
    http://www.jennieyuen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that! I love mine, I think I'd die if it broke down on me :(

    I checked out your artwork, it's amazing. I hope someday I'm that good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...