Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Sold a Product on Zazzel!

***Update: Since writing this I never did get around to adding more designs to my store or promoting it any lol...but I've sold another Phoenix print and a "Fancy Lady" t-shirt in yellow. Only 3 sales in all this time isn't a big deal but that just goes to show that if you put it out there (even with almost no promotion) people can find it. I know I've been saying forever that I'm going to add more products and promote more but my friends and family are kind of giving me a huge ego encouraging me to do just that so maybe I actually will. lol***

I'm always looking for ways to make extra money and a while back I started submitting designs to Zazzel.com. If you don't know about Zazzel, it's a site that lets you sign up (for free) and design your own shirts, shoes, notebook binders, magnets, calendars, and more. You can set up an online store (mine is at zazzel.com/candykerosene) and if anyone buys your stuff you get a commission. The amount of money you make for each product is up to you. Zazzel has a set price for each item and you increase the price to whatever you want and you get to keep the difference.

I'm an artist so I decided to submit some of my designs to see what would happen. As of right now I have about 90 products up. Honestly, I have a short attention span and after a while I became busy with other things and the next thing I know I had forgotten all about my little Zazzel store. But today I received an e-mail saying I had sold a product! I honestly didn't expect to sell anything. I was hopeful, but at the same time I thought to myself "Who am I kidding? No one is going to buy my stuff..." but sure enough someone did! :)

Selling one product and making $4.41 commission isn't that big a deal. It's not like I'm rich now or anything, but honestly I'm pretty excited about it. For one, that means someone liked my artwork enough to spend their hard earned money on it. If you're an artist/musician/craft maker/etc. or you know one, then you know what a big deal that is lol... Two, that's still $4.41 I didn't have before. ;) But what excites me most of all is that I've done very little to promote my products. But all these months later, someone still found my store and made a purchase. I can't help but wonder what might have happened if I had been promoting my store and building up backlinks all this time.

Anyway, this is the product that was purchased...

Phoenix being reborn. Click here to see it in the store.
I'm pretty surprised that this was the first item I sold. If anything, I assumed one of these would have been purchased by now...





A while back I wrote my Making Money Online Report for 2010 and at the end I mentioned that one of my goals was to build up some residual income. I was planning to focus mostly on writing for revenue
sharing sites like HubPages, but now I think maybe I should focus a little more on adding products and promoting my Zazzel store. I'm still going to keep writing for those other sites, but I'm going to pay a little more attention to my Candy Kerosene store. :)

If you're interested in starting your own store, just go to Zazzel.com and sign up! It's completely free and it's a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Great information. I'm a new follower from I <3 blogging blog hop. Hope you'll follow me also. http://cherishedhandmadetreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...