Friday, April 15, 2011

Is Cash Gopher a Scam?

Cash Gopher is a program you download to your computer and you're supposed to be able to make money in two ways. One way is that the program is supposed to be able to use your computer during its idle time and the other way is that you make money by allowing the program to put pop up ads on your computer. Basically when you go to a website a pop up ad for a similar site will pop up and you get paid a little bit every time this happens. As far as I can tell, you don't have to view the ad or anything, just let it load and then close it out.

But is Cash Gopher a scam? That's the real question on everyone's mind. Well, I just got paid $10.13 to my paypal account so I can verify that they do pay. Cash Gopher is also owned by the same people that own MyLot (which is a site that pays you to post on their forums and they have a very good reputation).

Proof of payment (click to see larger version.)

But as always, there are good things and bad things about any making money program, so let me get right into it...

PROS

They do pay, so it's not a scam.

They have a referral program which means there is potential to make even more money.

As long as I've used the program, I've never had any weird virus warnings or anything like that, so I'm pretty sure the program is safe to use.

It's very easy to log into the site and see exactly how much money you've made so far. It might take a day or two for the previous day's earnings to show up though.

It's easy to turn the program off or exit it all together. If you're doing something really important and you don't want to deal with the pop up ads all you have to do it click the Cash Gopher icon and click "stop" or "exit".

CONS

The pop up ads are incredibly annoying. However they are usually pretty similar to whatever it is you're looking at, so that might be handy for someone that is looking for information about a particular thing.

Now for the big one...I started using Cash Gopher sometime in October 2010 and I just recently made enough to cash out. You have to have at least $10 in your account to get paid. That means it took me approximately 6 months just to make ten bucks. However, I have no referrals under me. So if you used this program for a year (with no referrals) you would probably make about $20.

So is it worth using? That's up to you to decide. The pop up ads are pretty annoying like I said, but on the other hand, this is a pretty effortless way to make a little bit of money and if you can sign people up under you you'll make even more.

If you're interested in other ways to make money check out how I make money with Twitter, how I make money with my artwork on Zazzel, and how I get prizes for rating music at Hit Predictor. Or just check out ALL the ways I make money here.  :)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...