Monday, June 20, 2011

Get Free Stuff for Rating Music with Hit Predictor

A while back I wrote about how you can get paid to listen to and rate music at Slice the Pie (Update: Slice the Pie is no longer recommended. Click here to see why). However, there are some negatives aspects to rating music there. For one, most of the music sucks (at least in my opinion), and the amount of money you get for each song is determined by your scout rating, which is constantly going up and down because it is based on how "accurate" your rating is. If you are only a one star rater you'll get about $0.02 per song. They also recently raised the payout from $5 to $10. I could go on, but I digress because this post isn't about Slice the Pie, it's about Hit Predictor.

You don't get money for rating songs on Hit Predictor, but you get points that you can redeem for prizes. I have actually used the site for years now and I've gotten everything I ever requested, so I know it isn't a scam. You can also get points for answering polls too.

However, as with any site, this one has its negatives too. For one, it takes a lot of points to get a prize. The last time I was on there most prizes were between 1,500 and 2,000 points. The other downside is that most of the prizes suck. Usually the only ones worth getting at all are CDs and DVDs but they are usually of less popular musicians or films.

However, another plus to using Hit Predictor is that it's very easy to rate songs. You listen to it, rate it, answer a few "yes or no" questions, write a sentence or two about it, and you're done. Unlike Slice the Pie, you don't have so called intelligent scam detection programs insisting that you are copy and pasting every 5 or 10 songs (when you aren't) and you don't have to worry about trying to be "accurate" to keep up your scout rating.

Hit Predictor also has a referral program. You get 25 points for everyone you refer to the site (as long as they rate at least 5 songs within 30 days of joining). As of right now, Slice the Pie does not have any kind of referral program.

I recently redeemed 2,000 points for Pacifica California Star Jasmine solid perfume. It is about .33 ounces, which is actually a decent size for solid perfume. As for the perfume itself...it has a pleasant smell to it but it isn't long lasting at all. But I didn't pay for it, so I'm not complaining. :)

Side note: I plan on listing of a TON of small products and samples I've gotten for free on Listia. If you aren't familiar with Listia, check out my review here. Basically, it's a site that lets you bid "credits" for stuff and if you win you get it for free. You earn credits by using the site, referring people, etc. Anyway, I'll probably just throw this perfume in with the rest of the samples and stuff.

So is using Hit Predictor worth it? I guess that is up to everyone to decide for themselves. Unlike Slice the Pie, most of the music on Hit Predictor is mainstream music from well known artists. So if you enjoy listening to pop music, you'll probably have a lot of fun with the site.

If you do decide to join, please click here and sign up with my referral link.

4 comments:

  1. Just say Hello to all, and offcourse especially to the owner on this blog. what can i say that this blog is very vital it is very helpful in my blog too. :)
    do check it
    Quick Money

    Thank you add comment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Would definitely give this a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great blog and I do hope your doing well from it. Great review about HitPredictor too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...