Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Received My June Birch Box!

I got my Birch Box for the month of June! This is the second one I've received. If you aren't familiar with Birch Box, it's a $10 a month service that sends you a box with 4 or 5 high quality samples every month. Click here to see my full review.

So this month my Birch Box contained Blow Up daily volumnizing shampoo, the fragrance Twirl, by Kate Spade, Laura Geller Baked blush n' brighten, Sircuit molecular mist, and Stripper To Go nail lacquer removers.

The Blow Up shampoo is sulfate-free and claims to give you glossy, bouncy hair even if you skip the blow dryer. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you guys know if I like it or not.

Twirl smells good. It has a flowery scent to it which isn't normally the type of perfume I wear. For some reason, perfumes with vanilla in them usually smell best on me. But if you like light, flowery scents then you'll probably like Twirl.

Baked blush n' brighten is actually a blush and highlighter. The blush part of it is made up of a swirl of warm and cool colors and the highlighter is more of a golden color. I haven't actually used this on my face yet, but it is very glittery. I tend to stay away from shimmery make up because I have oily skin and shimmer just makes it look worse, but I will try this and tell you guys if I like it. I am really pleased with the size of this though. It is a full sized product. At least I hope so because it's really big and even a blush addict couldn't go through all of that in a whole year! So that is pretty cool. :)

Sircuit Molecular Mist is a high-tech spray that uses heavy water to keep your skin hydrated all day. You can use it pre-moisturizer or to set make up. I haven't tried this on my face yet. The day I got my box I had make up on but I'm not really comfortable with the idea of using a moisturizing spray to set make up. Just doesn't sound like it would work if you ask me. I didn't want to risk ruining my make up since I was on my way to work. So I sprayed this stuff on my hand. I didn't really notice any kind of difference, but then again, the top of my hand isn't really in need of moisturizing lol...but this stuff has a scent to it that I'm not really fond of. I know a lot of facial products have a scent to them, but personally, I don't want my face to smell like anything. So I'll have to give this stuff a shot later on when I don't have make up on.

They sent me two Stripper To Go nail polish remover mitts. They're for woman on the go that need to remove their nail polish. Each mitt comes in its own little packet. I used it while I was at work to remove my nail polish because it had already started chipping and it worked great. The packet says it's good for removing polish on 10 nails, but I think these mitts could remove more polish than that. So they should give themselves more credit than that. :) I personally don't really have a need for on the go nail polish removal, but for you ladies that are on the go a lot or do a lot of traveling, I would definitely recommend these.

So all in all, I'm pretty pleased with my Birch Box this month. Although I haven't used the shampoo yet, you can never have too much shampoo. When I feel like doing something different, I'll use Kate Spade's Twirl perfume for a nice change of pace. I probably won't use the Baked Blush n' Brighten as a blush, but I do like to use highlighter on my eyes so I'll use it for that. I'm on the fence about the Sircuit Molecular Spray, but then again, I haven't really used it so I guess we'll see...and I'll keep my extra Stripper to go nail polish remover mitt in my purse, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...