Monday, June 6, 2011

Review of Victoria's Secret Matte FX Blotting Gel

I normally love anything from Victoria's Secret and the other day I had a coupon for $10 off a $10 or more purchase, so I decided to treat myself. I checked out the clearance stuff and bought VS Matte FX Blotting Gel and their Brilliant Lip Shine (in Torrid). I've never heard of a blotting gel so I was curious to try it out especially since I have oily skin.

I am sad to say that I'm pretty disappointed. The directions say you can use it on a bare face or on top of make up to keep your skin from getting oily, but this stuff only seems to work for a few minutes. Seriously, it's that bad. If you want good shine control I say stick with powder or those oil blotting papers. I currently use the kind from Clean & Clear but any brand will do.

I will say this for the blotting gel...if you just need shine control for a few minutes (taking photographs or something like that) and you don't want to look like you have any make up on, this stuff is a grayish white color and goes on completely clear, so it won't cake on the way powder can if you use it too much. But that is the only good thing I can say about this stuff. As much as I love make up, I go without it all the time because I'm in such a hurry...so it might come in handy this summer if I don't have any make up on but find myself feeling oily and sweaty (hey it gets freakin' hot in WV lol). But even then it will only last a few minutes at best...so it wouldn't really be worth the trouble.

Oh, but if you get oily eye lids don't bother putting this stuff on your eyes. I tried that the other day and I had that crease that you usually get from eyeshadow within a few minutes! I didn't have any make up on that day (except the blotting gel) and ended up with a weird white crease on my eye lids.

Needless to say, I am disappointed! Victoria's Secret, you can do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...