Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birch Box for June


It's been a while since I've written about Birch Box. If you aren't familiar with it, it's a service you can sign up for to receive samples of beauty products every month. It only costs $10 and if you are one of those girls (like me!) that likes to check out new products all the time, this could save you a lot of money by letting you try out the latest products BEFORE you commit to an expensive full size product.

This month I got...

Comodynes Self Tanning Intensive towelettes
I got two of these to try out. You use them to gradually build up a nice, natural looking tan. I just tried one out and I'm pretty happy with the results. I do wish my tan was a bit darker (but like I said, so far I've only used one towelette so I plan to use the second one tomorrow) but the color looks really natural and didn't streak at all.

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick
An over sized, creamy, eye shadow stick. The color they sent me is a golden color with olive undertones in it. It goes on really easy but actually stays on really well which is great because too many products like that don't want to stay put. And the color is really pretty. I have green eyes so it really makes my eyes stand out.

Likewise Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50 (for oily skin)
I don't have any strong feelings about this product one way or another. I tried it out and it feels more like plain 'ol sunscreen when I put it on (not that it's a bad thing, I'm just pointing that out lol). I do plan on keeping it with me in my purse just in case I end up spending a long time in the sun unexpectedly. I am pale as a ghost so I don't tan well...seriously, 30 minutes in the sun is enough to give me a slight burn lol...

TheBalm Stainiac (in Beauty Queen)
This is a lip and cheek stain. I wasn't too impressed with this product. It felt sticky to me (even after it had enough time to dry) and it didn't stay on my lips very well either. I will say that it is a really pretty, natural looking color though. It does look nice on the cheeks, but I don't generally wear blush or anything like that because my skin tends to be reddish/pinkish anyway and I don't want to make it look worse lol...

Tili Bag
This is basically a really cute ziploc bag.  :P  Not much else to say about it lol...it's defiantly cute, but also quite pointless...

John Varvatos Star USA
This is a men's cologne (birch box also has a monthly birch box for men) that they sent with my box as a preview to the man box and also because it's getting close to Father's Day. Unfortunately none of the guys in my life wear cologne, so I have no one to give it to. But I opened it up and it smells REALLY GOOD. :)

Anyway, if you are interested in Birch Box, click here to sign up. If you like a sample you can purchase the full size product at their site. They give you reward points for every dollar you spend and you can also get points for referring friends and giving feedback on all the products you get to try. 100 is equal to $10 so you can use your points to help you save even more money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...