Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Second Look at Humanatic

***Update: A while back things started going down hill even more after writing this post. They made a bunch of changes to the site such as implementing a "time out" if they thought you marked a call too fast. It was only a few seconds but by the time you got redirected to the calls they were all gone. Not that there were every very many calls worth doing. Then they increased the payout to $10. So I just stopped using them. I tried to log in after not using the site for a few months to see if anything had gotten better only to find that I no longer have an account there. I don't know if they close your account for inactivity or if they just saw my less than perfect posts about them here (it's hard to tell with online companies, they do whatever they want and no one holds them accountable). Anyway, I don't care enough to inquire about it. So this post may no longer be accurate since I'm not involved with them anymore.***

A while back I wrote about a site called Humanatic (click here to read my original post). Anyway, if you aren't familiar with it, Humanatic is a site where you listen to business calls (on your computer, no phone needed) and tag them as "opportunity for new business" or "general business". You also have the options of "wrong number/fax/spam" or "Call wasn't answered/I can't determine call". (That is for their New Business Opportunity project. They also have a project for outgoing live calls, but I have only done one of those because they never seem to have any available when I log in.)

Anyway, you get 3.9 cents for every new business opp call you tag and .9 cents for every outbound call you tag.

After using Humanatic for a while, I thought I'd go ahead and write another post about some of the issues I've been having with the site.

I don't know what this is about, and I haven't contacted the site over it (I guess I could but since this isn't a major source of income for me, I guess I'm just being lazy about it)...but apparently (on the business opp project) you only get paid if you tag the call as an opp for new business or general business. I have the site set up so that I can see my earnings in the top corner of the page and every time I tag a call it goes up, but not on the calls I tag as "not answered". I really don't think that is fair in any way, shape, or form. Yesterday I logged in and had about 50 calls in a row but almost all of them weren't answered. So after tagging all those calls and not seeing a single cent for it, I said "screw this" and logged out.

Another issue I have been having is that the auditors (people that double check your calls to make sure you have tagged them correctly) can't seem to get their crap together. I will get a call audited and the auditor will say something like "Wrong numbers that were actually answered by a person are to be tagged as general business". Yet when I start tagging that way, another auditor will say "Wrong numbers are to be tagged as wrong numbers." And I've noticed many times that the auditor that checked a call didn't even choose a tag for the call. So they tell me I'm wrong and yet they themselves don't bother to pick a tag option? I think that is pretty messed up.

And the last issue isn't really a big issue I guess (unless you want to make a full time living with Humanatic, but that ain't gonna happen)...but sometimes there aren't any calls available to tag. The site has been like that the entire time I've used it, but apparently, it has gotten worse. I remember when I first started on the site and I would check out the leader board to see people making up to $50 a day. Now I usually see around $9 or $10 at the most.

Other than that, I'm happy to say that they do still pay and I've been paid pretty quickly whenever I request cash out on Mondays.

So is Humanatic worth messing with? That depends entirely on you. If you need to make a full time (or even part time) living, then no. If you just like to see some pocket change in your paypal account from time to time, then it's probably worth it.

Have any of you used Humanatic? What do you think of it?

If you're interested in joining Humanatic, just click here or go to humanatic.com.

31 comments:

  1. I think this company is great and I love the job. I make around $15 a day. But what I can't figure out is how to get faster at the calls. There has to be a way but I haven't figured it out yet. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could make $15 dollars a day on there lol...I'm generally lucky if I make $5 a week. But I have seen on the leaderboards that people are making pretty good money so I guess it works for some people. I'm pretty fast at the calls myself, but when I log in there usually aren't very many calls to do.

      Sounds like it's working pretty well for you though. :)

      Delete
    2. i joined humanatic and i love working on it. i make $5-10/ a day it depends on the volume of calls here in Philippines we work 11pm-10am only.. no calls from 11am-10pm i hope this company will stay long.and i hope issues like agents/auditors inconsistency will be resolved..you can report it to their customer service though.

      Delete
    3. That's great. I'm glad your having some success with it. :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! $15 a day x 7 days a week = $75 a week PEANUTS!!!!!! I can spend a $1k in a half hour and that's with breaks. I can think of a million other ways to waste my time :O(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, like I always say, everyone has to decide what they think is worth doing or not. For some people this wouldn't be worth it, but for others it could mean a lot to them...just depends on your personal situation.

      Delete
  3. I was just accepted and I actually like it better than I thought I would. But, my question is how do I get a second category of calls to review? And how exactly do I see where I've been audited?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are only getting one category of calls you might want to e-mail them and ask about it. One time one of my categories disappeared and I asked them about it and they put it back on there...but I'm not sure why it disappeared in the first place. If you get audited you'll see it as soon as you click the category of calls you want to rate. It will just automatically be there and they'll ask you to listen to the call again and you'll see the reason why it was audited (unless they do what they tend to do sometimes and don't pick an option at all). But I haven't been audited in a while (though when I wrote this post I was getting audited like crazy) so maybe they lightened up some or maybe they stopped doing the audits all together? I'm not sure. I'm glad you like it though, it is a fun little way to make extra cash. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Kristy M, My name is Jasz. I just joined the team. I wanted to ask you, what are the categories you are all referring to? When I log in to review calls, I see 3 lists to choose from, which are- live convo inbound- Inventory discussion+-and live convo outbound. Are these the categories you are all speaking about? I just started yesterday so i am a newbie just making sure I am doing or seeing what I need to right.. :) SO FaR I LOVE IT♥

      Delete
  4. Whenever you feel that you don't have enough calls or categories, please reach out to us. humanatic@centuryinteractive.com

    We are aware that sometimes calls are hard to get. However, we can push more calls through Humanatic. Keep up the great work and ask questions. We are ready to assist you!

    Prisma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I didn't know you guys could do that but that is good to know. :)

      Delete
  5. Do I have to file this on my taxes? This sounds fun I just don't want to jeopardize my social security disability check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly not sure. I'd say just e-mail them and ask. They've always been really friendly with answering questions and stuff.

      When you sign up to work you don't have to fill out any tax information and I know a lot of online companies don't even bother to send you a tax form at the end of the year unless you made over $600 that year. So my guess is that you wouldn't have to turn in your humanatic income on your taxes but just to be certain you might want to e-mail and ask them.

      Delete
    2. Yes, if you make over $600.00

      Delete
  6. I just recently started reviewing outbound calls, I notice that the calls are loading very slow. There are thousands of calls to review in outbound, 35,000+ as of now, but it takes a lot of time by just loading a call.
    I know this is not normal because the first time I reviewed calls, it loads just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I've been working on the "new business opp" calls today and many of them take FOREVER to load up...it's very annoying. Hopefully it's some kind of bug or something and they'll get it worked out soon.

      Delete
  7. I 100% agree with you Kristy. Humanatic seems very unfair. I love how they give you these pathetic instructions and then kick you off calls without a reason why or even trying to explain what you are doing wrong, so that you can correct it. It would make more sense for them to train those that want to really put full effort in and not just keep taking the calls away without an explanation - this is not benefiting their company because the next reviewer has no clue either. It definitely is not worth it. I was making a whopping $1-2 an hour - no thank you! I home school 5 children and am a full-time college student just looking to make a little extra money on the side, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 bucks an hour is pretty much the average for little contract wah jobs like this. if you want more you'll have to look to transciption or running your own business. even then you may get close to poverty level pay. you have to remember though you are saving money by not using gas to get to the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thank you for posting the review on this company, but I think I will have to pass on this one. It will only frustrate me to make such a low wage. SMH

    ReplyDelete
  10. calls takes SOOOOOOOO MUCH time to load. Hope they fix it soon. BTW time is money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This used to be a good company, but now it is getting worse and worse. Before, the pay for each outbound call was 1.5 cents, then it became 1.1, 0.9, 0.7 and now 0.6 per call?! Payout rates became worse plus yes!, it's been almost 3months that calls takes FOOOOOOOOREEEEEEVER to load. I think they have crappy servers or incompetent developers.

      Delete
    2. I agree, I've noticed the pay for each type of call get lower and lower. I think it's pretty crappy of them to do that.

      Delete
  11. i only got the inbound and outbound tagging jobs ... and i only earn 1$ an hour... how you guys got the better jobs lol... i wish i could have one too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how many projects they have right now and I'm not sure how they assign projects to newer people. I do know that if you do poorly on any project they'll remove you from it, but other than that I don't really know how they determine who works on what.

      Delete
  12. I hope someone can answer me, I noticed these posts are over a year old. I just got in today, after waiting weeks to get accepted. I logged in, checked out the instructions and made sure I understood then started rating. It was for inbound calls at 1.7 cents each. Time was suppose to average 28 seconds per call.I would say I averaged about 1 min per call due to lengthy calls. I worked at right at 3 hours, then all of a sudden I clicked a rating and got logged out. I assumed it was out of calls. I logged back in to see how much money I made, my account said .03 cents, that's a penny an hour, Really? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could help you but I haven't messed with Humanatic in a long time. Things started going downhill there and I felt it wasn't worth the effort anymore. There is a site called www.wahm.com/forum and they have a section for Humanatic so you can probably find more up to date information there. Good luck.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kristy! First of all I would like to say that I love your blog. It's very informative and helpful for people like me who are looking for work-at-home jobs. You mentioned about "time out" when you tag a call too fast. Is there a penalty for that, like they're gonna deduct from your balance or something like that? Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I'm glad you like my blog. =) I haven't used humanatic in a really long time, so I'm not sure how they are doing things there now...but actually someone has already mentioned in the comments here that there is some kind of penalty or something now where they will deduct pay...but I'm not sure how that works exactly. I don't know if that is associated with marking a call too fast, or actually marking a call wrong. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help but I stopped using them a really long time ago. Normally I'd log in every so often just to see if things have improved or gotten worse but the last time I tried to log in it said my account didn't exist lol...so yeah, I don't know much about them these days.

      Delete
  13. Hey guys. I just joined up with this company last Saturday and I want to let you know that the pay rate is going back up. They were saying that I was doing a lot of calls wrong in the beginning as well because I did not understand it, but it's actually getting much better. I am pretty pleased so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have joined humanatic few days ago and i have got to say, it is slightly disappointing. Inbound calls are now 1.2 cents and outbound is at .7 cents.... calls loading time differs at different times of the day. I and my friend are trying to take turns and so login 24X7.... i heard some one say fridays and saturdays are the bisiest days in a week... i hope so... lets see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Humanatic screw people over taking away categories. They don't give it back after asking the. If its not 95-100% accuracy then its gone. For less pay on calls, its not worth it. I rather reach up to $10 last time and quit them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...