Thursday, January 3, 2013

Get Paid to Watch Videos with Rate My Video!

***UPDATE: Things have changed a little with Rate My Video. Click here to read my update.)***

***2nd UPDATE: The last time Rate My Video has sent any payments out was Feb. 27, 2013. As of this update it is March 10, 2013 and no one has been paid. Rate My Video has not been responding to the many (and I mean many) comments about this on facebook and they are not responding to e-mails either. No announcements have been made about this at all. It appears they've become a scam. I'll keep you guys updated if anything changes.***

***3rd UPDATE: Okay, they FINALLY said they'd pay us on March 14, 2013 and we got paid on March 15, 2013. But their horrible lack of communication makes me think this is something that could turn into a scam later on so at this point I have no choice but to say proceed with caution with this one.***

***4th UPDATE: Rate My Video has once again stopped payments with no explanation. The only thing anyone has heard from them is a comment on their facebook page saying they are looking into "fraudulent activity". If you've had any experience with these making money online sites you probably know that more often than not, that is code for "we aren't going to pay you". As for now I've stopped doing anything on the site until I get paid the money they owe me and I recommend everyone else do the same.***  

***Update:  4/12/2013  Things seem to be going back and forth with Rate My Video. They FINALLY paid everyone but considering the constant paying and not paying they're doing, it's getting difficult to keep up with updates in these individual posts. So from now on please refer to my Scams page (not that I'm saying they are a scam, but I have a "proceed with caution" category on there and I'll be posting about Rate My Video there from now on.***

I was pretty disappointed when Beezag went out of business, but I've found a new way to get paid to watch videos and it's called Rate My Video. How it works is you have to have Google Chrome and you download an extension to add to your browser. You also have to use facebook to log in. Once you activate the browser extension and you're logged in you'll see the button on the top right corner of your browser. You click it and a list of videos comes up and you click whatever you're interested in, watch it, and then rate it using the bar that will pop up at the bottom of your screen. When you're done you just click the button again and find another video. I've seen videos ranging from $0.01 to $1.00. You get paid once you have at least $10 in your account and it's actually pretty easy to get that much. They're a newer company so it's hard to gauge how well this site is going to work out but so far there have always been plenty of videos to watch everyday (usually about 40). 

The only complaint I have at this point is that sometimes the browser extension is very "buggy" and messes up. For instance there have been times I've watched a video only to have it not take my rating so I'd have to watch it again. There have been times it would just randomly log me out and then when trying to rate a video it would say "sorry a facebook ID is required" and sometimes I'll click on the button and it won't load the video list at all. Other people are also reporting similar problems but since it's a new company I'm trying to cut them some slack. Hopefully they'll get these problems taken care of soon. So far I've only gotten one payment and it may be too early to tell but I think this is going to be one of my better earners. :)

Click to see larger version.
So what do you think? Have you tried this out? If you're interested in signing up just click here.


12 comments:

  1. Are you sure its working?...I applied to them few days back but still my account not opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it can take a while to get approved...but they have a facebook page and they seem to be pretty active on it, so you might want to send them a message on there and ask why it's taking so long.

      Delete
    2. Please share their facebook page link.

      Delete
    3. here you go =) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rate-My-Video/318739118241209

      Delete
    4. link not working...:(

      Delete
  2. There is a link to our Facebook page on our website. Go to www.ratemyvideo.co and click 'Facebook Page'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've absolutely no clue why it is taking me to homepage of the facebook....:(

      Delete
    2. Try just going to facebook.com and searching for rate my video and it should come up.

      Delete
    3. I get a page with only 9 likes...is that a page?

      Delete
  3. Well honestly I don't think they accept users from countries other than US...is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  4. site says that it is closed down now

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have closed and will not be paying anyone. People are so gullible. All that stuff about fraud was a bunch of crap. They just ran out of money. Shady people. Their Facebook page is full of really sad people still supporting this scam.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...