Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review of the Prepaid Debit Cards from Cards.com

It can be really hard to find a decent prepaid debit card. I learned this the hard way a few months ago when I had a mix up with my car insurance company. I had cash but needed to pay over the phone so I went and bought a prepaid card and it was a nightmare because it wouldn't let me verify my address because apparently my address doesn't exist even though I've lived here 15 years! Ugh! (That's what living in WV gets you, I guess).

But fortunately, later I got a chance to receive and review a prepaid card from card.com through the Sverve.com influencer program.

I gotta say, I love this thing. Signing up for it was super easy and I've had no problems signing up with my address (which was a huge relief). And I've already spent all the money I had on it with no problems. =)

Here's what you need to know about these cards...

They're personalized. I'm not normally the type of person that cares about personalized things but as I was looking through their choices I saw a panda and had to have it! I absolutely adore pandas so I was really excited about that. But they have tons of designs you can choose from. Everything from popular TV shows (like The Walking Dead) to meaningful causes (like breast cancer awareness) to animals and everything in between.

Here's a small sample of some of the cards they have. (Click to see larger.)
It's free to order, active and load money onto your card.
Free direct deposit from your employer.
22,000 in network ATMs.
You can do card-to-card transfers for free, anywhere, any time.
No overdraft fees and it never goes negative. (I really love that one.)
24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and 100% FDIC insurance on funds (which makes it even safer than cash).
No credit check and you get approved in seconds.

It's free for 30 days and after that you only have to pay a $5.95 monthly fee which can be waived when you direct deposit over $800 in the previous 30 days.

Here's my super cute panda card.
(Click to see larger version.)
If you'd like to sign up for one of these prepaid cards, just go to card.com to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...