Monday, April 7, 2014

Passive Income with Perk!

*** See updates below ****

Perk.com is a site that has different ways to make money. You can get points for searching, watching videos, shopping, using their browser, and watching videos on their PerkTV app. Playing videos on their app is the only thing I've done (so far) to earn money. This app works a lot like the Swagbucks apps (SBTV and EntertaiNow) except that there is no daily limit on how many points you can earn. As of writing this, you get 4 perk points every 2 videos. Another thing I really love about their app is that (so far) I haven't had any problems with it getting stuck on ads like the swagbucks apps do sometimes. I'm not saying that can't happen but so far it hasn't been a problem for me. So basically it really is passive income. You just start it up and let it play.

You are only allowed ONE account with perk.com BUT they do allow you to use the app on different devices at the same time. So far I've only used it on one but there are people that are going out and buying extra devices specifically for the purpose of running the app. I can't necessarily recommend doing that because these companies can change the rules or just go out of business all together at the drop of a hat so it's hard to say how long this will last. It could last several years or it could all end tomorrow. You just never know with online companies like this. I haven't actually checked into it myself, but people are saying if you run a device 24/7 you can make between $1.00 and $1.50 a day from it. If that is true you could buy several cheap devices and run them night and day and have a pretty nice chunk of change at the end of the month. BUT please don't quote me on that...that's just what I've heard some other people say. I haven't been running my device 24/7 because I use it for other things and I worry about the damage that might do to it. But if you do decide to buy any extra devices just to run this app I recommend getting something cheap (but make sure it has all the requirements to run the app). ***Update: They changed their TOS and said you can only have 5 devices per account.***

I just got a $5.00 Amazon gift card though them for 5,000 points. They have tons of gift cards or you can get $10 through paypal for 15,000 points.

They also have a referral program so if you are interested in joining please sign up through my referral link here but as always, if you'd rather not be a referral you can just go to perk.com. Also, if you are interested in making money through the very similar swagbucks apps, click here to read about that.

*** Update 4/29/2014 ***

Well a lot has changed in a short amount of time. Now this is MY personal experience so other people may not be having these problems....but here are some issues I'm having with Perk now...

1. The PerkTV app gets stuck on ads constantly. I have to check it every 5 minutes or so. It's ridiculous.
2. They have videos you can watch on the site (not the app) which are worth 10 points each. Half of the time these don't credit at all.
3. Sometimes the videos on the PerkTV app won't credit either.
4. If you don't have the absolute latest version of the app, your videos won't credit. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that half the time it won't even notify you that there is a new version. So there you are letting videos play and not getting any points at all for it.

This is such a shame too cause it started out pretty good for me. Oh well...I am currently at about 2,500 points so as soon as I reach 5,000 I'm going to redeem my points and I might even stop using Perk all together after that because these problems have made it incredibly annoying. The time I spend trying to get the stupid ads "unstuck" is time I could be doing something else.

But like I said, this is MY experience and other people might be doing fine with Perk so I suggest checking out other sites to see what other's are saying too.

*** Update 7/22/2014 ***

I'm happy to say that Perk has improved their app and it's been running A LOT smoother and I've been able to run it on both my tablet and my smart phone. I've been able to redeem 3 $5 Amazon cards each month for the past few months so that's $15 a month in Amazon credit. Not too bad. The PerkTV app is now one of my favorite ways to earn online, second only to the Swagbucks apps.

*** Update 8/9/2014 ***

Perk just implemented a new thing where every so often you'll get a message that pops up and says "Are you still watching?" and you have to click yes to continue playing the videos. I haven't seen this message yet but I tend to mess with my devices throughout the day for other things so I'm assuming that's why. I think you only get the message if it detects no user activity for a long time. Obviously this kind of sucks because Perk TV is no longer as passive as it used to be. People can't run these apps all night long while they're sleeping or at work. However they're still pretty passive throughout the day, you just have to check them every so often for that message. From what I'm hearing it usually only pops up about every 5 hours or so (something like that) so it's not popping up all the time or anything so as of right now it isn't a huge problem or anything. Still one of my favorite ways to make money. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...